Is Minecraft 25565 UDP or TCP?
The default Minecraft ports are: TCP Port: 25565. UDP Port: 19132.
Playing online games like Minecraft can be a lot of fun, but occasionally you may experience lag due to restricted internet connection. To get rid of the lag, you will need to portfoward your router connection. Here’s how to do this for your Verizon Fios Router:
Step 1: Log in to Your Router Settings
- Open a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- In the address bar, type 192.168.1.1, and then press enter.
- A login page will appear asking for a username and password. Enter your Verizon Fios router login information to log in.
- Make sure you hit the “Remember Me” checkbox so you don’t need to log in again.
Step 2: Find Port Forwarding
- Once logged in, click on Security or Advanced Settings on the top of your screen.
- Look for a tab that says “Port Forwarding” and click it.
- The arrow next to the tab will show an expand arrow. Click on it and you should see a list of services that are able to be port forwarded.
Step 3: Enter in Minecraft Info
- Click the Minecraft tab or look for the service “Java-Minecraft”.
- Select “TCP” or “UDP” and enter the port number 25565.
- Check the box that says “Always On.” Then save your changes.
Step 4: Test Connection
- If you’re still having lag issues, you may need to add a device name or an IP address to the port forwarding. If you know your device name and IP address, enter them in. If not, these instructions should help you find your IP address.
- Once you have entered all the info, save your changes and test your connection.
Your Verizon Fios router should now be successfully configured for playing Minecraft. Enjoy your nice lag-free experience!