How do I proceed to check out on Amazon?
To proceed to checkout: Select Checkout Fresh Cart for Amazon Fresh items or Proceed to Checkout for other items, If prompted, sign in to your account or create a new account if this is your first order, Enter a shipping address, Choose a shipping method, Enter your payment information, Review your order details
Can’t Checkout on Amazon? Reasons You May Have Trouble
Have you been trying to checkout on Amazon, but having trouble? If so, you’re not alone. It rarely takes long before shoppers encounter some issues when attempting to purchase their items.
Payment Method Issues
The payment method is one of the most common causes of errors while checking out on Amazon. Below are some of the top reasons this might occur:
- Incorrect Payment Information: Make sure that the payment information you’re entering is accurate – double-check for typos and missing digits.
- Expired Credit Cards: If your credit card or debit card has expired, Amazon will not accept it. Make sure to update the payment information if your cards have been replaced.
- Incorrect Currency: Amazon only accepts a few currencies. Make sure your payment information is in the correct currency form.
Another cause of checkout issues is when your shipping address differs from the billing address. To prevent complications, make sure that both are in the same country and match the payment information.
Payment Authorization Error
When you’re trying to checkout on Amazon, it’s possible that there’s an issue with the payment authorization. This can be caused by a few different things such as:
- Reduced Credit: If you’ve recently exceeded the credit limit, your bank may no longer authorize purchases with the current card.
- Expired Cards: Just like mentioned above, if your payment method is expired, you will have an authorization issue.
- Hold by Bank: The bank may have placed a hold on the funds. This is typically done when your purchases don’t follow your usual spending habits or if the purchase amount is too large.
If you’re having trouble checkout out on Amazon, the above tips should help you figure out the issue. If not, contact customer service for further troubleshooting.