How much are St Louis ribs per pound?
St. Louis Style ribs are about $5 or $6 per pound. Deals are often better at large supermarkets or wholesale stores. There are usually about 11 to 13 ribs per rack and they weigh about 2.5 pounds on average….Costs of Ribs by Type.
Kroger is offering a fantastic price on their St. Louis Style Pork Ribs – just $1.49 per pound! That makes it one of the most budget-friendly choices for a delicious summer BBQ. In this article, we’ll explain what exactly St. Louis Style Pork Ribs are, how they’re prepared, and give tips on how to cook them perfectly. So read on if you want to get your hands on this great deal.
What Are St. Louis Style Pork Ribs?
St. Louis style pork ribs are spare ribs taken from the belly of the pig. They are cut to be thinner than regular pork ribs, and can be cooked in various ways. They’re called St. Louis style because the cut and cooking style originated in the St. Louis area. The ribs are usually rubbed with a mixture of seasoning and then slow-cooked in the oven or on a barbecue for a flavor that is both smoky and tangy.
How To Cook St. Louis Style Pork Ribs
The key to perfect St. Louis style pork ribs is a long, slow cooking method. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your oven or barbecue to 225-250°F (106-121°C).
- Rub your ribs with a seasoning mix of your choice.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan or on a grill, and cover with foil.
- Cook for 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender and pulls away from the bone.
- Uncover the ribs and brush with a glaze or barbecue sauce of your choice.
- Cook, uncovered, for another 15-30 minutes, or until the ribs are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
Note: For tender St. Louis Style Pork Ribs, the cooking time and temperature may vary depending on the type of oven or grill you’re using, so always monitor your ribs carefully to ensure they cook correctly.
- What is the best way to cook St. Louis Style Pork Ribs? The best way is to rub the ribs with a seasoning mix, then slow cook at a low temperature (225-250°F/106-121°C) for 2-3 hours, then brush with a glaze or barbecue sauce and finish cooking for 15-30 minutes.
- How much do St. Louis Style Pork Ribs cost at Kroger? Kroger is currently offering St. Louis Style Pork Ribs at just $1.49 per pound.
- Where do I find St. Louis Style Pork Ribs at Kroger? St. Louis Style Pork Ribs can be found in the meat section at most Kroger stores.
Kroger’s amazing price on St. Louis style pork ribs makes them a great choice for budget-friendly BBQs this summer. With a little practice and some simple cooking tips, you can make delicious ribs that are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So don’t delay – head to Kroger for your St. Louis Style Pork Ribs at just $1.49 per pound!