How to safely package a PS4?
How to SAFELY Pack and Ship a PlayStation 4 on eBay! How …
Shipping a PlayStation 4 safely can be a challenge, as the console is quite fragile. To ensure your console arrives intact, follow these steps:
Step 1: Gather The Right Packaging
You’ll need the following supplies to ship your PS4:
- Large cardboard box with the original PS4 packaging or a similar custom box that FIts your console
- Bubble wrap
- Packing tape
- Packing paper, foam or other filler materials
- Shipping label
Step 2: Prep Your Console
Before packing your PS4, be sure to backup your console files, such as games and other data, to ensure that nothing is lost during transit. Then you’ll need to prepare the console itself for shipping:
- Remove the power cord and any other non-essential cables from the console.
- Wrap the power cord around the console itself, then secure it with packing tape.
- Secure all cables with packing tape, then place them on top of the console.
- Wrap the console in several layers of bubble wrap.
Step 3: Packing Your Box
You’ll need to gather your packing materials and stuff the cardboard box with them. Be sure to pack the box tightly, allowing just enough room that when you shake it the console doesn’t move.
- Line the inside of the box with packing paper, foam, or bubble wrap.
- Place the power cord and cables on the bottom of the box, then place the console on top of them.
- Add extra packing material around the sides and corners of the console.
- Once the console and cord are securely in the box, fill the extra space with packing peanuts, crumpled paper or other filler materials.
Step 4: Tape Up The Box
Once you’ve filled the box, it’s time to tape it up. Place several strips of packing tape across the seams and corners, enough to keep the box securely shut.
Step 5: Write Your Label
Once the box is secure, you’ll need to write out the shipping label. Include your return address in the upper left corner, then in the middle write out the address of the recipient. Double check the address before sending it off.
Finally, you’re ready to ship. Place the label onto the box and send it off. Following the steps above should ensure that your PlayStation 4 arrives safely.