How do you bring back a dead highlighter?
You can bring the highlighter tip back to life — providing there is still fluid in the marker — with a simple dousing in rubbing alcohol.
How To Revive A Highlighter
Whether you’ve been using your highlighter nonstop or you picked it up after it had been sitting in the same spot for weeks, it may be difficult to draw a clear, crisp line with it. But with a few simple techniques, you can revive your highlighter and put it back to work.
- Eye dropper
- Isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid
- Take the scissor and carefully remove the clip from the end of the highlighter.
- Remove the sponge ink applicator from the holder and use a paper towel to wipe off any excess ink on the holder.
- Submerge the sponge applicator in some isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid, then set it aside to soak.
- Fill the eye dropper with isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid and squirt a few drops of it into the body of the highlighter.
- Put the applicator back in the holder and screw the clip back into place.
- Shake the highlighter gently so that the ink spreads evenly.
- Test the highlighter on some paper to make sure the ink is flowing correctly.
With a little effort, you can revive your highlighter and get it back to producing clear and crisp lines.