How long do you cook a hamburger on a griddle?
Step 3: Cooking on a Griddle Cook for 3-4 minutes, until edges are brown and juices start to accumulate on top. Flip them with a large heatproof spatula and season lightly with salt. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, topping with cheese (if desired) for the last two minutes.
A griddle is a great way to make a gourmet burger. Whether it is for a special occasion or just for a fun weekend grill-out, you can create delicious burgers with a little bit of prep. Here’s how to do it:
Preparing The Griddle
- Before you get started, make sure that the griddle is clean and free of any residue or debris.
- Preheat the griddle over medium-high heat. If you are using a non-stick griddle, use just a bit of cooking oil to grease the surface before adding your burgers.
Making The Burgers
- Take a pound of ground beef and form it into patties (you can also use game meats and ground chicken).
- Season the burgers with your favorite spices or condiments and then place them on the hot griddle.
- Let the burgers cook for about 5 minutes, flipping them every 2 minutes or so until they are done to your liking.
Serving The Burgers
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the griddle and place them on the buns.
- Top the burgers with your favorite condiments such as mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, pickles and lettuce.
- Serve with a side of French fries or onion rings and enjoy!
Griddling can bring out the best in a juicy, delicious burger – so don’t forget about it the next time you fire up the grill!