Can you change a listing on eBay from buy it now to auction?
You can revise your listings any time in My eBay, here’s how: In Selling Activity – opens in new window or tab, find the listing you’d like to revise. Select Revise from More actions. Make your changes, then select Revise it to save the updated listing.
Changing From Fixed Price To Auction On eBay
Selling your items on eBay can be a great way to make some extra money. One advantage of eBay is the ability to switch from fixed price to an auction listing at any time. This can be especially helpful if you want to increase buyer competition and spark some bidding activity. Here are the steps to successfully change the format of an existing fixed price listing to an auction on eBay.
- Sign In To Your eBay Account: You will need to log into your eBay account in order to change the listing format of your item.
- Select The Item You Wish To Change: Once you are signed into your account, you will need to go to “My eBay” and find the item you wish to convert from fixed price to auction.
- Choose The “Sell Similar Item” Option: Once you have found the listing item you wish to amend, click the “Sell Similar Item” option.
- Update Item Information: At this point you will need to update the title, description and add any additional photos of your item.
- Select The “Auction With BIN” Format: When you have updated all the relevant information, you will need to select the “Auction with BIN” format– this is the format that allows bidding as well as a Buy It Now option.
- Set Your Listing Duration & Reserve Price: This is the last step before you confirm the listing. Decide how long you want the listing to last and what the reserve price should be. This is the lowest price you will be willing to accept for the item. The reserve price should not be the same or less than the Buy It Now price.
- Review Your Listing & Select Submit: The last step is to review your listing one last time and make sure everything is correct. Once you’re happy, click on “Submit” and your listing will be live!
Switching from fixed price to auction on eBay is relatively easy and can be helpful if you want to increase bidding activity on your item. While auction listings require a bit more management, they can potentially yield more profit than a fixed price listing. Just make sure to set the reserve price correctly and keep an eye on the listing during the duration. Good luck!