Do I need a prescription for a breast pump?
Yes, in most cases, moms do need a prescription to get a breast pump through insurance. Whether you order directly through your insurance or use a provider like Pumps for Mom, a prescription is required because breast pumps are considered medical devices. Pumps for Mom makes the process easy.
Does Walmart Sell Breast Pumps?
The answer is yes! Walmart carries a wide selection of breast pumps from brands including Medela, Ameda and Philips Avent. Whether you’re looking for an electric pump or a manual style, Walmart has what you need for your breastfeeding journey.
Electric Breast Pumps
An electric breast pump is a great hands-free option for pumping milk. Walmart offers a variety of electric pumps from trusted brands.
- Medela Pump In Style: This kit contains the advanced double pump with on-the-go tote and accessories.
- Ameda Elite Breast Pump: The Elite is also a double pump and includes a tote, cooler bag and other accessories.
- Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump: This single manual pump is great for occasional use and comes with accessories including bottles and nipples.
Manual Breast Pumps
A manual pump is ideal for when you’re away from home or even just need a break from electric pumping. Walmart has several manual pumps to choose from.
- Medela Harmony Breast Pump: This single manual pump is a great choice for occasional pumping needs.
- Ameda Manual Breast Pump: The Ameda manual pump is also a great choice for occasional pumping.
- Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump: The Lansinoh manual pump comes with 3 adjustable pumping levels and includes bottles and nipples.
No matter which type of breast pump you are looking for, Walmart has you covered. They offer a wide selection of pumps from trusted brands in both electric and manual styles. Shop online or in-store to find your perfect pump today!