Does Rubbing Alcohol Kills Mold?
If you are looking to clean mold in your home, you may wonder “does rubbing alcohol to kill mold?” This is a question that has caused many headaches over the years. The short answer to this question is “it depends”. This is because it depends upon the type of mold you have, the condition it’s located in, and the amount of water or moisture that it’s holding. Of course, we’re assuming that you mean pouring some rubbing alcohol down the drain, but we’ll get to that in a moment.
Water-based cleaners are probably the best option for cleaning up mold in your home. These products are generally non-toxic, meaning that you can use them around your children and be sure that they won’t be negatively affected in any way. However, there are some water-based products that can be toxic when mixed with certain types of foods. These include certain cheeses, eggs, and wine. Therefore, it’s important to always test the liquid on a small piece of food before using it on anything else.
If you’re dealing with a more difficult type of mold or one that you know is harboring harmful bacteria, you may want to consider vinegar or bleach-based products. These are also water based, but they have a slightly different approach than the water based variety. Vinegar actually removes the surface tension of the air in a space so that the mold cannot grow. As you may be able to guess, bleach works by bleaching out the color of the mold so that it becomes impossible to detect. However, both of these items will do nothing to actually kill the mold itself. They may be able to help get rid of odors if they are used in conjunction with a dehumidifier.
If the mold in your home is relatively small, you may not need to worry about killing it at all. In fact, there are many natural solutions that can handle this situation. For example, you can mix water and vinegar together and use it to clean up a number of different situations. You may want to do this if you discover that the mold is growing in a certain area of the house and it’s giving you a lot of trouble. Of course, this solution will not be able to handle a more serious mold situation.
Another solution you can try is to use pure bleach. This may seem like a strange thing to do because of how you generally think of bleach as being used to bleach your house or things around your home. However, bleach can actually be used to solve some minor problems, including mold. If you’re willing to purchase the product, you may find that it’s worth your while to give it a try.
Whether or not you need to think about whether rubbing alcohol kills mold depends largely on whether or not it’s really a problem for you to deal with. If you don’t have mold in your home but you’re getting sick a lot or are having a lot of difficulty breathing, then using the solution above may be able to help. For other people, though, it may be a sign that your home needs to be dealt with immediately. If this is the case, you should consider calling a mold remediation company to come take a look at the premises. By getting rid of the mold as soon as possible, you can limit the chance of serious health consequences and possible structural damage to your home.